Every year ACV – CSC takes action on the 28th of April to raise awareness around health and safety at work. In 2015 focusing on the REFIT-program of the European Commission, several problems within the dangerous substances legislation (occupational limit values, carcinogens and reprotoxic substances) and organising a large information campaign on the use of dangerous substances. Following actions took place:
- In all Belgian companies with workers representatives, but also in some SME’s ACV-CSC distributed leaflets with information on the safe use of dangerous substances, employers and workers obligations. (leaflet in French and Dutch )
- ACV-CSC prepared a publication on the REFIT-program of the European Commission to explain what it is really about, a deregulation of workers rights, also in the field of health and safety (link to the REFIT-publication in French • More information.
- On Tuesday, 28th of April, together with FGTB, CGSLB and ETUC ACV-CSC visited our minister of labor, Kris Peeters and asked him:
- To make sure that REFIT won’t affect the health and safety of workers.
- To defend the necessary revision of the European carcinogens directive with a priority list of 50 binding occupational exposure limits and the integration of the reprotoxic substances in the scope of this directive.
- To defend a harmonisation of OELs in the European Community to prevent disloyal competition at the expense of workers health.
- To take action on a national level to integrate reprotoxics in Belgian legislation on carcinogens.